Novell Technology Partner
The new PRIMERGY TX600 tower server is continuing the successful path of the PRIMERGY H450 with state-of-the-art technology. The PRIMERGY Server TX600 is a high performance and highly expandable system in the 4-way Business Server class, representing an all-round system for mid-sized and large organizations. One main application area is the platform consolidation. It aims to reduce the number of different server and storage platforms in order to decrease purchase and operating costs.
The PRIMERGY TX600 is primarily designed for central tasks, like as a server for data bases, Data Warehouse, ERP and larger business applications. The usage in data centers with a 19-inch Rack infrastructure is supported among other things by its ability to be integrated as 19-inch variant with only 5 height units (with up to 12 hard disks) in a PRIMECENTER Rack. Additionally the PRIMERGY TX600 is also an ideal platform for high available cluster configurations.The PRIMERGY TX600 server is distinguished by the following features and components:
- Latest Intel® Xeon processor MP technology with up to 3.0 GHz and 4 Mbyte third-level-cache
- Two SCSI backplanes for two independent SCSI channels with 6 hard disks each
- Up to 16 Gbyte, 2-way interleaved DDR-SDRAM memory with Chipkill and hot-spare memory support
- 2-channel Ultra320 SCSI controller with integrated RAID-1 (hard disk mirroring) functionality (HostRAID) and low cost RAID-5 expansion option
- 6 I/O slots in total, thereof 4 hot-plug PCI-X slots for powerful extension cards
- Onboard 2 x 1 Gbit Ethernet LAN
- Max. 1,752 GB internal capacity with 12 hot-plug 146 Gbyte hard disks
- Space for two accessible drives (tape drives) plus floppy-disk drive and 0.5-inch high DVD
- Standard delivery with redundant, hot-plug fans and power supply units
- Rack variant with only 5 height units inclusive telescopic rails and easy Rack conversion due to 90° turn-able accessible drives
- Onboard Remote Management Controller with its own COM and LAN interfaces as well as an optional battery backup unit for a comprehensive and secure Server respectively Remote Management
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- Novell GroupWise
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10
- Europe, Middle East & Africa
This product has demonstrated compatibility by successfully completing Novell's stringent product certification requirements.
Novell does not warrant non-Novell products or services. All products and services included in the Novell Partner Product Guide are provided on an "as-is" basis, and in no event shall Novell be liable for any damages whatsoever resulting from use or performance of any such products or services. Any warranty service for non-Novell products or services is provided by the product vendor in accordance with the applicable vendor warranty. The information and related graphics published in the Novell Partner Product Guide may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Novell assumes no responsibility for the content of any site linked to its Web pages. Inclusion of third-party products or services in the Novell Partner Product Guide does not constitute an endorsement of such products or services by Novell.