Unisys ES7000 Orion 550
Novell Technology Partner
An excellent choice for IT executives who want to leverage the benefits of Intel® standardization into the data center and take advantage of its size and simplicity for server consolidation projects.
Optimized for availability and scaling from 16 to 32 Intel® Xeon processors MP, this server delivers the highest levels of power, agility, availability and manageability for mission-critical applications and large, scalable databases. With its mainframe-class reliability, availability and serviceability (RAS) characteristics, it is a superior price-performance alternative to high-end UNIX-based servers.
Unique features in the high-end Intel® server market
- Supports up to 32 CPUs, 64 GB of memory, 96 IO slots and 8 partitions
- An extra level of shared cache: 32 MB per 4-CPU module (256 MB)
- Upgrade to an Orion 560 server by adding Intel® Itanium® 2 processor domains
- Support changing workloads with exceptional partitioning flexibility
- Dynamic partitioning for autonomous, dynamic workload management
- Unisys Sentinel software delivers ES7000 platform management, including self-healing for hardware fault conditions
- Delivers better price-performance and availability than any other high-end 32-bit Intel® or UNIX-based based server!
Look no further. You won't find all these features and capabilities on any other Intel® system — only on the Unisys ES7000 Orion 550 server.
- Open Enterprise Server
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9
CPU: Up to 32 processors (Intel XeonMP and Itanium2)
Memory: Up to 512GB of main memory
- Intel® Itanium® Processor Family
- Asia Pacific
- Europe, Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Brazilian Portuguese
This product has demonstrated compatibility by successfully completing Novell's stringent product certification requirements.
Novell does not warrant non-Novell products or services. All products and services included in the Novell Partner Product Guide are provided on an "as-is" basis, and in no event shall Novell be liable for any damages whatsoever resulting from use or performance of any such products or services. Any warranty service for non-Novell products or services is provided by the product vendor in accordance with the applicable vendor warranty. The information and related graphics published in the Novell Partner Product Guide may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Novell assumes no responsibility for the content of any site linked to its Web pages. Inclusion of third-party products or services in the Novell Partner Product Guide does not constitute an endorsement of such products or services by Novell.