Unisys ES7000 Orion 540
Novell Technology Partner
A midrange enterprise-class alternative to scaled out commodity servers, the ES7000 Orion 540 server is ideal for application consolidation and high-performance, large-scale databases.
The Unisys ES7000 Orion 540 server is a high-end system for leveraging the benefits of Microsoft® standardization into your data center. This rack-mount cell-based server with Intel® Xeon processors MP brings mainframe characteristics to Microsoft® Windows® operating environments.
The 32-bit performance leadership of the ES7000 Orion 540 enables you to get the most out of your mission-critical applications, such as business intelligence. The ability to divide it into four partitions makes it an ideal platform for consolidating applications and large-scale databases.
Features of the 32-bit Windows® on Intel® servers:
- Scales up higher than any other 32-bit Intel® based server on the market
- Can ultimately grow up to 4 cells with 32 CPUs, 64 GB memory, 32 IO slots and 4 partitions — plus 8 blade servers (PDF 240kb) for your Web/edge tier
- An extra level of cache: 32 MB per 4-CPU module (256 MB total)
- Unisys Sentinel management software for Windows® based ES7000 servers offers self-managing and self-healing functionality for your Windows® operating system and ES7000 hardware layer as well as for your applications and databases
- Better performance, price-performance and availability than other high-end 32-bit commodity servers — while addressing requirements for even greater growth. And better price-performance overall than any UNIX-based server on the market!
- Open Enterprise Server
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9
- Novell eDirectory
CPU: Up to 32 processors (Intel XeonMP and Itanium2)
Memory: Up to 512GB of main memory
- Intel® Itanium® Processor Family
- Asia Pacific
- Europe, Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Brazilian Portuguese
This product has demonstrated compatibility by successfully completing Novell's stringent product certification requirements.
Novell does not warrant non-Novell products or services. All products and services included in the Novell Partner Product Guide are provided on an "as-is" basis, and in no event shall Novell be liable for any damages whatsoever resulting from use or performance of any such products or services. Any warranty service for non-Novell products or services is provided by the product vendor in accordance with the applicable vendor warranty. The information and related graphics published in the Novell Partner Product Guide may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Novell assumes no responsibility for the content of any site linked to its Web pages. Inclusion of third-party products or services in the Novell Partner Product Guide does not constitute an endorsement of such products or services by Novell.