GWMigrate - Exchange to GroupWise Migration Tool
CALEDONIA NETWORK CONSULTING
Novell Technology Partner
The following items are transferred from the existing mailbox or PST to the new GroupWise mailbox:
Emails, Appointments (including recurring), Contacts, Tasks, Documents, Posted Items and Notes*.
Recurring appointments are recreated as individual appointments in GroupWise. The word recurring is appended to the subject of the appointment. All recurrence patterns are supported, as well as exceptions to recurrence patterns.
File and embedded message attachments are also supported (embedded OLE attachments are not supported). Message attachments are converted to GroupWise messages, which means that multiple nested messages (i.e messages forward as attachments several times) can be migrated.
GWMigrate version 2.5 is now provided in 2 editions (Lite and Enterprise) and includes the following enhancements:
A New wizard-based interface.
- In addition to live data, Archived data stored in PST files can also be migrated to a GroupWise account. (Enterprise Edition Only.)
- Public Folder migration allows you to select individual folders to be migrated. The Enterprise Edition allows a Public Folder to migrated directly into a GroupWise resource.
- Individual documents stored in Outlook folders are now migrated.
- Embedded message attachments are now migrated as GroupWise message attachments**.
- Posted items are now migrated. (Threading on discussion threads is not currently maintained)
- Message priority and privacy settings are maintained.
- Free/Busy information on appointments is migrated.
- Additional date filtering, plus the option to migrate all day appointments as notes.
- Much improved logging.
*As GWMigrate uses the Outlook client to perform the migration, items that cannot be opened normally in the Outlook client, may not be completely migrated.
**Embedded message attachment migration currently only works with GW5.5 and GW6.5. We are awaiting a client fix from Novell Engineering to enable this feature to work in GW6. To get around this, the GW5.5 EP client can be used to migrate to a GW6 back end.
- Novell GroupWise
- Asia Pacific
- Europe, Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- North America
Novell does not warrant non-Novell products or services. All products and services included in the Novell Partner Product Guide are provided on an "as-is" basis, and in no event shall Novell be liable for any damages whatsoever resulting from use or performance of any such products or services. Any warranty service for non-Novell products or services is provided by the product vendor in accordance with the applicable vendor warranty. The information and related graphics published in the Novell Partner Product Guide may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Novell assumes no responsibility for the content of any site linked to its Web pages. Inclusion of third-party products or services in the Novell Partner Product Guide does not constitute an endorsement of such products or services by Novell.