Dell PowerEdge™ 2800
DELL COMPUTER CORPORATION
Novell Technology Partner
- High performance for today and the future — Dual Xeon processors with EM64T support, teamed with DDR-2 Memory and PCI Express deliver outstanding performance for today's 32-bit applications as well as tomorrow's 64-bit applications. The large memory support of EM64T helps deliver great performance for applications that require more than 4GB of memory.
- Enterprise-class high availability — The PowerEdge 2800 is designed to keep applications running in even the most demanding environments. Hot pluggable technology on the PCI Express slots, hard drives and power supplies enable quick servicing on the fly without taking the system offline. High availability features built into the processor, chipset and memory are designed to protect the server from failure due to data failures.
- Massive internal expandability — Start big and grow even larger as your needs dictate. Up to ten internal hard drive bays and 7 I/O slots (all available) provide plenty of headroom, not only for today, but also for the future.
- Scalable performance to protect your investment — Whether you are deploying 32-bit or 64-bit applications today, the PowerEdge 2800 is designed with the performance features that will enable a smooth transition and performance growth over time, allowing you to grow with your applications.
- Industry-standard management to reduce your management costs — Common BIOS and drivers with PowerEdge 1850 and PowerEdge 2850 servers means that you can develop your system image once and deploy it across multiple servers as needed. And when it's time to upgrade, you can cut down the amount of time needed to manage the software components of your system. Combined with the common management controllers, hard drives, common system board design and common memory upgrades across multiple PowerEdge servers, management is a snap.
- Open Enterprise Server
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9
- Novell BorderManager
- Novell eDirectory
- Novell GroupWise
- x86_64 AMD64® & Intel® EM64T®
- Asia Pacific
- Europe, Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- North America
- Brazilian Portuguese
This product has demonstrated compatibility by successfully completing Novell's stringent product certification requirements.
Novell does not warrant non-Novell products or services. All products and services included in the Novell Partner Product Guide are provided on an "as-is" basis, and in no event shall Novell be liable for any damages whatsoever resulting from use or performance of any such products or services. Any warranty service for non-Novell products or services is provided by the product vendor in accordance with the applicable vendor warranty. The information and related graphics published in the Novell Partner Product Guide may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Novell assumes no responsibility for the content of any site linked to its Web pages. Inclusion of third-party products or services in the Novell Partner Product Guide does not constitute an endorsement of such products or services by Novell.