Dell PowerEdge™ 800
DELL COMPUTER CORPORATION
Novell Technology Partner
A general-purpose, single-processor PowerEdge server that delivers performance and availability features found in higher-end systems.
- Leading performance with a single Intel Pentium processor with Intel Extended Memory 64 Technology, 800MHz front side bus, DDR2 memory, and PCI Express
- ECC memory, which allows the system to tolerate a single-bit memory chip error on a DIMM and continue operating without interruption.
- RAID 0,1,5 SATA or SCSI controller cards to take full advantage of high performing, reliable RAID configurations.
- SCSI drives are also optionally hot-pluggable, providing uninterrupted usage in the case of a drive failure.
- High capacity Tape Backup Solutions for increased data availability. The PowerEdge 800 can support either IDE (PowerVaultTM 100T IDE) or SCSI (PowerVault 110T DAT72, and PowerVault 110T DLTVS160) internal tape back-up units as well as the PowerVault 110T DAT72 external unit.
- An affordable, general purpose server designed to be easy to set up, run, troubleshoot, and expand.
- The perfect platform for small organizations and low-complexity distributed environments, such as remote or branch-office installations requiring full-server functionality at the lowest possible cost.
- Designed to minimize impact to customer IT resources in remote offices.
- Delivered with the Dell OpenManage Suite for easy deployment, change management, and monitoring options.
- Open Enterprise Server
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9
- Novell BorderManager
- Novell eDirectory
- Novell GroupWise
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11
CPU: Intel(r) Pentium(r) 4 3.80GHz
- x86_64 AMD64® & Intel® EM64T®
- North America
This product has demonstrated compatibility by successfully completing Novell's stringent product certification requirements.
Novell does not warrant non-Novell products or services. All products and services included in the Novell Partner Product Guide are provided on an "as-is" basis, and in no event shall Novell be liable for any damages whatsoever resulting from use or performance of any such products or services. Any warranty service for non-Novell products or services is provided by the product vendor in accordance with the applicable vendor warranty. The information and related graphics published in the Novell Partner Product Guide may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Novell assumes no responsibility for the content of any site linked to its Web pages. Inclusion of third-party products or services in the Novell Partner Product Guide does not constitute an endorsement of such products or services by Novell.