Smart Array 5304
HEWLETT PACKARD COMPANY (US)
Novell Technology Partner
The Smart Array 5300 controller raises the standard to higher performance levels with several enhancements including new memory architecture and enhanced RAID engine.
The Smart Array 5300 series of high performance Ultra3 array controllers provides improved flexibility and data protection thanks to an innovative modular design and new Advanced Data Guarding - RAID ADG technology. In addition, it again raises the bar to higher performance levels, with several enhancements that include a new memory architecture and new RAID engine.
Designed and tested with industry standard Compaq ProLiant servers for greater reliability, this controller is ideal for workgroup and departmental servers. And like other Smart Array controllers, the SA-5300 features complete data compatibility with previous generation's Smart Array controllers for easy data migration from server to server and for controller upgradeability.
- Higher performance architecture offers the new hardware RAID engine, and a new performance memory architecture to significantly improve performance over previous controllers.
- Battery-backed cache protects cached data in the event of a power outage, server failure or controller failure, and redundant batteries take that protection even further.
- Online Management Features: Online Capacity Expansion, Online RAID Level Migration, Online Stripe Size Migration, Online Spares (Global), User Selectable Read/Write cache, User Selectable Expand and Rebuild Priority.
- Open Enterprise Server
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 8
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9
- North America
Novell does not warrant non-Novell products or services. All products and services included in the Novell Partner Product Guide are provided on an "as-is" basis, and in no event shall Novell be liable for any damages whatsoever resulting from use or performance of any such products or services. Any warranty service for non-Novell products or services is provided by the product vendor in accordance with the applicable vendor warranty. The information and related graphics published in the Novell Partner Product Guide may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Novell assumes no responsibility for the content of any site linked to its Web pages. Inclusion of third-party products or services in the Novell Partner Product Guide does not constitute an endorsement of such products or services by Novell.