HP StorageWorks DAT 72X6 Autoloader
HEWLETT PACKARD COMPANY (US)
Novell Technology Partner
This autoloader uses the latest generation of DDS/DAT technology, DAT 72, to provide low-cost automated backup for small and medium businesses or remote offices with limited IT staff. Offers investment protection and a future migration path for users of earlier versions of DDS/DAT technology.
The HP StorageWorks DAT 72x6 tape autoloader is an ideal backup solution for small to medium companies with limited IT support or remote sites of larger companies. By reducing administrative tasks, the DAT 72x6 not only simplifies the backup process but reduces the risk of error as well. The autoloader includes a single tape drive inside an enclosure that holds six data cartridges in a removable magazine. With the ability to store up to 72 GB per DAT 72 data cartridge, the DAT 72x6 provides a quick, efficient means for reducing workload. The backup administrator simply loads the magazine with a week's worth of data cartridges, and the autoloader takes care of backup for an entire week. The backup schedule can be customized by the backup application to suit the user's needs.
The DAT 72x6 comes with HP One-Button Disaster Recovery, providing the ability to restore the system quickly and effortlessly with the touch of a single button, eliminating the need for operating system and software CDs. Additional reliability features include HP StorageWorks Library and Tape Tools (L&TT) for troubleshooting as well as Tapealert for monitoring the drive and media.
- Affordable: Very low media prices contribute to an exceptionally low overall cost of ownership
- Self-sufficient: Automatically does five daily backups and a cleaning cycle in a weekly schedule controlled by your backup software
- Backward-compatible: Reads and writes industry-standard DDS-3, DDS-4, and DAT 72 media
- Simple: Supports HP StorageWorks One-Button Disaster Recovery (OBDR), simply the easiest way to restore your system in the event of a disaster TapeAlert monitors both drive and media to warn of any problems; L&TT (Library and Tape Tools) is available for diagnostics and for firmware downloads
- Manageable: Comes with superior management capabilities that make it easy to install, use and support, including HP StorageWorks Library and Tape Tools for installation and diagnostics
- Dependable: Reduces the number of manual administrative tasks, and therefore the risk of error, in the backup process
- Convenient: Eliminates the need to change tapes at unsociable hours - managing your backup is reduced from a daily chore to the weekly task of changing the magazine
- Well-connected: Compatible with leading operating systems, backup software and servers
- Versatile: Comes in internal and external models to suit most environments
- Multilingual: Choice of six languages on the LCD front panel display
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 8
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9
- x86_64 AMD64® & Intel® EM64T®
- North America
Novell does not warrant non-Novell products or services. All products and services included in the Novell Partner Product Guide are provided on an "as-is" basis, and in no event shall Novell be liable for any damages whatsoever resulting from use or performance of any such products or services. Any warranty service for non-Novell products or services is provided by the product vendor in accordance with the applicable vendor warranty. The information and related graphics published in the Novell Partner Product Guide may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Novell assumes no responsibility for the content of any site linked to its Web pages. Inclusion of third-party products or services in the Novell Partner Product Guide does not constitute an endorsement of such products or services by Novell.