Dell PowerEdge™ 830
DELL COMPUTER CORPORATION
Novell Technology Partner
Dual Core technology combines two processing units into a single processor chip. This is designed to increase performance and power efficiency compared to single core processors, especially when running multiple applications on a single server like:
- Messaging applications
- Shared Internet access and web serving
- Productivity and Back-Office applications
- Pentium® D - New Dual Core technology for best performance running multiple applications or compute-intensive multi-threaded single applications
- Pentium® 4 - Value, price/performance, single application
- Celeron® D - Entry-level, price sensitive, simple file/print
- The PowerEdge 830 comes with up to twice the memory of the previous server product series
- Up to 8GB of DDR-2 SDRAM memory helps improve system performance with more bandwidth
- Optional RAID 0,1, 5 SATA or SCSI controller cards take full advantage of high performing, reliable storage configurations.
- Optional hot-plug SCSI drives are designed to provide uninterrupted usage in the case of a drive failure.
- EasyExchange™ SCSI Hard Drives provide exceptional convenience for service replacement or for specific applications involving just the exchange of a drive, such as occurs with the update of a pricing database in a POS environment.
- High capacity Tape Backup and external storage solutions for increased data availability. Can support either IDE or SCSI internal tape back-up units, external tape, and direct attach storage solutions.
- Dell Server Assistant ships with every Dell PowerEdge Server as a bootable, stand-alone CD-ROM providing the tools to setup and configure the PowerEdge system components and software.
- For advanced remote management, Dell Remote Access Card enables users to remotely access, monitor, troubleshoot, and repair/upgrade servers independent of the system status.
- For basic remote monitoring, Dell's IPMI 1.5 standard Integrated Baseboard Management Controller allows remote management when integrated with any industry standard management program.
- Tool-less chassis access and common components with higher end PowerEdge Servers provide consistency for IT resources and help reduce maintenance and installation time.
- Open Enterprise Server
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9
- Novell eDirectory
- Novell GroupWise
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11
- x86_64 AMD64® & Intel® EM64T®
- North America
This product has demonstrated compatibility by successfully completing Novell's stringent product certification requirements.
Novell does not warrant non-Novell products or services. All products and services included in the Novell Partner Product Guide are provided on an "as-is" basis, and in no event shall Novell be liable for any damages whatsoever resulting from use or performance of any such products or services. Any warranty service for non-Novell products or services is provided by the product vendor in accordance with the applicable vendor warranty. The information and related graphics published in the Novell Partner Product Guide may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Novell assumes no responsibility for the content of any site linked to its Web pages. Inclusion of third-party products or services in the Novell Partner Product Guide does not constitute an endorsement of such products or services by Novell.