HP ProLiant DL580 G3 Dual Core
HEWLETT PACKARD COMPANY (US)
Novell Technology Partner
Unparalleled high availability features, including front-accessible Hot Plug RAID Memory, integrated Ultra320 Smart Array 6i controller or Smart Array P600 SAS controller, duplex drive cage, and hot-plug redundant components, guarantee maximum uptime. Integrated Lights-Out (iLO) technology allows remote administration from a standard web-browser without ever having to visit the server.
Within the 4U dense form factor, it's highly expandable architecture provides maximum application deployment flexibility with the ability to add PCI-Express, hot plug PCI-X or battery-backed write cache options. Innovative new features, such as the ability to access processors, memory, hard drives, and power supplies while the unit remains secured in the rack, enable rapid response to service events, radically decreasing overall IT costs and server downtime.
The DL580 G3 now supports 64-bit, Dual-Core Intel® Xeon™ 7020 and 7040 processors, 64GB total memory with 4GB DIMMs, and increased power savings with HP Power Regulator.
- 64-bit Dual-Core Intel® Xeon™ 7020 and 7040 Processors
- 64-bit Intel® XeonTM Processors MP with up to 8MB L3 cache
- 667MHz Dual Independent Front-Side Bus
- 400MHz DDR-2 Memory, up to 16 DIMM sockets, 64GB Max with 4GB DIMMs
- Automatic Server Recovery (ASR), ROM Based Setup Utility (RBSU), HP Systems Insight Manager, Status LEDs including system health and UID and SmartStart 7.2
- Redesigned chassis allows front access to memory, processors and hard drives as well as rear access to power supplies while the server remains secured in rack
- Integrated Lights-Out standard with shared network port capability and Power Regulator for decreased power usage
- Front-accessible Hot Plug RAID Memory (Configurable for Advanced ECC, Online Spare, Hot Plug Mirrored, or Hot Plug RAID)
- Add two X4 PCI Express, one X8 PCI Express or two Hot Plug PCI-X slots with a mezzanine option
- Battery-Backed Write Cache (128MB) for the integrated Smart Array 6i Ultra320 Controller increases performance and availability
- In-chassis upgradeability to SAS utilizing up to 8 Small Form Factor SAS drives
- USB 2.0 up-front, 2 ports rear (configurable for boot capability)
- Integrated Dual-port Gigabit NIC
- Universal tool-less rails (fits square and tapped hole racks)
- Ambidextrous snap-on cable management arm and quick release levers provide fast access to server and less interference with adjacent units
- Open Enterprise Server
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9
- Novell eDirectory
- North America
This product has demonstrated compatibility by successfully completing Novell's stringent product certification requirements.
Novell does not warrant non-Novell products or services. All products and services included in the Novell Partner Product Guide are provided on an "as-is" basis, and in no event shall Novell be liable for any damages whatsoever resulting from use or performance of any such products or services. Any warranty service for non-Novell products or services is provided by the product vendor in accordance with the applicable vendor warranty. The information and related graphics published in the Novell Partner Product Guide may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Novell assumes no responsibility for the content of any site linked to its Web pages. Inclusion of third-party products or services in the Novell Partner Product Guide does not constitute an endorsement of such products or services by Novell.