SEP sesam 3.6
SEP SOFTWARE INC
Novell Technology Partner
The newest release of its award-winning backup and recovery software, SEP sesam V 3.6. New features include Teaming, Groupwise, full NSS volume support, online eDirectory backup and restore, Cluster Support, iFolder, Disaster Recovery down to bare metal, improved GUI with a new look, easier command line availability, automated data migration and archival and powerful new search algorithms to speed up backup and recovery of data in both simple and complex DataCenter environments.
"Our new tools for Microsoft Hyper-V and volume shadow copy service (VSS) set a level of functionality never seen at this price point. We continually strive to improve our product and provide a rich product set for large DataCenters for all popular operating systems, this release highlights our efforts to meet the demand from the Microsoft community, significantly increasing the functionality for users," reported Georg Moosreiner, SEP GM.
New Features Overview:
- Teaming – The new product can be installed as a stand-alone solution for Teaming users or it can be integrated into a complete backup, recovery and disaster recovery solution using of SEP’s Novell certified backup products.
- Command line interface enhancements - Rapid Backup Strategy Deployment (RBSD) The new command line interface is significant improvement over the last version. Quite remarkable for a product already among the very best in the backup software community. RBSD allows for the system-wide, enterprise-wide roll-out in DataCenter environments simplifying corporate backup strategies and automating the propagation of new backup configurations, saving time and money.
- Automated Data Migration and Archival - Enhancements make data migration to different media, or the creation of copies for data archival, simple and easy. Especially useful when combining incremental backups to a single media; transferring data from disk to tape; or when transferring data from an older technology to new backup format (e.g. LT03 to LT04 tapes).
- New Search Filters - New filter technology provides system administrators with enhanced tools to easily define searches and store them speeding the look-up and restore of required data files. Backup and restore transfer rates can exceed 400 GB/hr in Linux and Unix environments.
- Microsoft Windows 2008 online backup - SEP now supports (VSS) for online backup of Windows 2008 R2. SEP backup transfer speeds can exceed 360GB/hr for Windows 2008 on a single data stream.
- Microsoft Hyper-V support - SEP sesam can now backup Microsoft HyperV virtualized environments.
"Combining our newest Hyper-V support with the our VMware ESX virtualization delivers one of the most comprehensive backup solutions in the virtual world today," stated Tim Wagner, president of SEP Software LLC, Boulder, CO. "SEP modules make it possible to backup the complete running virtual environment. Further, our pending release of the connector for XEN online backup XEN disaster recovery should be a welcome tool for the Linux world's virtual infrastructure," Wagner added.
- Open Enterprise Server
- IBM System i
- IBM System p
- IBM System z
- IBM® S/390® (31 bit)
- Intel® Itanium® Processor Family
- x86_64 AMD64® & Intel® EM64T®
- Asia Pacific
- Europe, Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- North America
Novell does not warrant non-Novell products or services. All products and services included in the Novell Partner Product Guide are provided on an "as-is" basis, and in no event shall Novell be liable for any damages whatsoever resulting from use or performance of any such products or services. Any warranty service for non-Novell products or services is provided by the product vendor in accordance with the applicable vendor warranty. The information and related graphics published in the Novell Partner Product Guide may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Novell assumes no responsibility for the content of any site linked to its Web pages. Inclusion of third-party products or services in the Novell Partner Product Guide does not constitute an endorsement of such products or services by Novell.