Micro Focus Ready Program for iPrint
The Micro Focus Ready Program for Micro Focus iPrint has been established to provide hardware and software vendors a mechanism to provide their customers with compatibility information about their products in a Micro Focus iPrint environment. This newly revised program replaces the YES Certification Program and provides a much simpler program in its place.
Why Micro Focus Ready Program for iPrint?
The purpose of this program remains the same as the previous program and is intended to:
- Provide customers with assurances about devices and software that function well with Micro Focus iPrint.
- Provide assurance that customers will receive support from the vendor and Micro Focus should issues arise with the compatible configuration.
- Provide a means in which hardware and/or software vendors may publicize that their devices and/or software work with the Micro Focus' iPrint technology.
- Provide a means for Micro Focus to show hardware/software support for iPrint.
This program supports software vendors, device vendors, accounting vendors, device management vendors, help desk vendors, etc. There is sufficient flexibility in the program support unanticipated hardware and/or software configurations, and customization for specific vendor needs. For example, Universal Printer Drivers have changed the focus from testing each discrete driver with its associated device towards a 'software' compatibility check in conjunction with a superset device (as determined by the vendor).
Micro Focus Ready Program for Micro Focus iPrint Participation and Acceptance
The Micro Focus Ready Program for Micro Focus iPrint is open to all hardware/software vendors that wish to establish and provide compatibility information with the Micro Focus iPrint infrastructure. To participate in this program, it will be necessary for each vendor to:
- Create a Micro Focus Login account to establish your identity (validate by responding to the email)
- Associate Micro Focus Login with (for access to Micro Focus iPrint software, updates, logos, etc.) PartnerNet *Note—Click on 'Create a Login Account'. The default free level is 'Micro Focus Silver Partner'
- Review and understand the Micro Focus iPrint Ready Compatibility Requirements. Note that these plans may need to be specific for each vendor in some circumstances depending on the nature of the product that is to be supported.
- Be familiar with Micro Focus iPrint environment and have resources to work with Micro Focus when issues arise.
- Send an email to email@example.com with any questions or requests for further details that you might have.
- To apply to become an Micro Focus iPrint Ready Partner complete this form.
Micro Focus Ready Program for Micro Focus iPrint Compatibility Requirements
With respect to verifying that a printer fully supports iPrint, the overall goal is to ensure that:
- Administrators can create, configure and manage the printer via the Micro Focus iPrint administration interfaces.
- The end-user can install the printer (and associated driver) and print to the printer via the Micro Focus iPrint user interfaces.
- Bi-directional capable printers function properly with regard to device settings and properties.
For more information on the above goals, click here.iPrint Ready program requires the following for certification process:
- Install/Configure Micro Focus iPrint appliance 1.1 + patches or later
- Printer to be certified. Printer must be attached directly to the network.
- All client platforms to be tested. Each client system should include:
- Latest Micro Focus iPrint Client
- The iPrint Client is supported on the following Windows Platforms:
- Windows 7 (32/64 bit)
- Windows 8/8.1 (32/64 bit)
- Windows 2008/2008R2 (32/64 bit)
- Windows 2012/2012R2 (32/64 bit)
- All printer drivers to be used in testing/certifying on the client system platform.
- Applications capable of opening specified file formats.
- Microsoft Office/Open Office for word processing, spreadsheet, presentation documents, etc.
- Adobe PDF
- Web page/HTML document
Note: Micro Focus Client32 is NOT required for Micro Focus iPrint certifications.
Note: To download the latest Micro Focus iPrint clients click here.
Follow the test procedures mentioned below to check the driver's compatibility. The optional steps linked below are for setting up driver profiles associated with printers. Profile configuration is all about customizing driver attributes to specific settings. We strongly recommend running the Optional testing steps. Notify the iPrint Ready Compatibility Team of any compatibility problems.
- Download a copy of Micro Focus iPrint Appliance.
- Link for installation and configuration of Micro Focus iPrint Appliance.
- Test Procedures
- Optional Testing Steps
Post successful completion of the test procedures, vendors may request an Micro Focus iPrint Ready Printer Compatibility Bulletin by completing this form.
Micro Focus Testing Coverage
Micro Focus would like the opportunity to include your product(s) in our test environment. If you provide us with hardware/software/licenses, we will also provide some basic testing coverage as part of our routine testing efforts. Contact us for details.
Micro Focus Ready Program for Micro Focus iPrint Resources
- Open Enterprise Server Partner Products Website
- iPrint Product Page
- iPrint Appliance 1.1 Documentation