Novell OES Ready Program for Software Developers
The Novell OES Ready Program for Software Developers provides software application (Linux userspace and/or Linux Kernel module) developers a mechanism to provide their customers with Novell OES compatibility information.
(The simpler "Novell OES Ready Program for Software Developers" replaces the previous "YES Certification Program").
The Novell OES Ready Program for Software Developers provides customers with a level of comfort, including:
- Software applications and/or (Linux) kernel modules function well with Novell Software.
- Vendors will offer support for their product in the Novell OES environment.
In addition, the Novell OES Ready Program for Software Developers also provides:
- A means for software vendors to show support for Novell's OES environment.
- A means for Novell to show support for a software vendor's product.
The Novell OES Ready Program for Software Developers can be applied to all (Linux) userspace application programs, including commandline utilities and applications, Graphical User Interface (GUI) applications, and (Linux) kernel extension modules (kmods).
Program Participation and Acceptance
The Novell OES Ready Program for Software Developers is open to all software developers that wish to establish and provide compatibility information with the Novell OES software environment. Here are the steps required for software developers who wish to participate in the Novell OES Ready Program for Software Developers:
- Create a Novell Login account to establish your identity (validate by responding to the email)
- Associate Novell Login with (for access to software, updates, logos, etc.) PartnerNet *Note Click on 'Create an Account' in the upper right corner The default free level is 'Novell Silver Partner'
- Review and understand the Testing Guidelines for software compatibility with Novell OES (below).
- Be familiar with Novell Software environment and have resources to work with Novell when issues arise.
- Submit each Novell OES Ready product using the Novell OES Ready Program Participation Request form.
The following sections outline various points to consider when a software product's compatibility with Novell OES is being assessed. For Novell OES Ready software products, it is assumed that all of these points have been considered.
- General Novell OES Ready Guidelines
- General Novell OES Guidelines
- General Software Guidelines
- Linux Architecture Guidelines
- Linux Userspace Application Guidelines
- Linux Kernel Extension Module Guidelines
- Auditing Software Guidelines
- iPrint Guidelines
- Antivirus Software Guidelines
- Backup Software Guidelines
- Novell Ready Program for iPrint
- Open Enterprise Server Partner Products
- iPrint Product Page
- iPrint Documentation
- Novell Ready Program (Logo)
- iPrint Typical Use Cases