New Features in Open Enterprise Server 11
You asked for it. You got it. SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 SP1
Open Enterprise Server 11 brings the industry's most advanced file and print services onto the latest SUSE® Linux Enterprise platform. The benefits for customers are immense.
- Better virtualization support. Not only does Open Enterprise Server still ship with unlimited versions of XEN virtualization for no additional charge, but it also has certified support for VMware, the most popular choice for virtualization.
- Improved patch and update capabilities. Advances in the new "fast update stack" mean that you'll be able to apply patches and software updates easier than ever.
- Power savings. Integral to SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 are Green IT enhancements that make Open Enterprise Server customers smile, too.
- Faster release cycles. Customers now have the choice of adopting the latest innovations as soon as they're ready, with the new Feature Channel. Or, if you prefer, continue to use the patch channel for important fixes and deploy support packs to get the roll-up of all new features and enhancements.
- Fast track to file innovation. Learn about Novell Filr, the hottest thing to happen to file sharing since, well, NetWare®. Give users access to network files on all their devices, along with automated backup and social sharing. Only Open Enterprise Server customers will be able to get in on the early adopter action.
+ Read more
- Growing ecosystem of software and hardware. 8400 software packages and counting. Limitless hardware options. Linux is the fastest growing platform for certifications and support.
+ Check it out
- Longer support lifecycle. Get the most bang for your maintenance dollar. Adopt the latest version of Open Enterprise Server now and enjoy the benefits of a 5-year lifecycle.