Novell Data Synchronizer engine specifications
- Hardware requirements for the Synchronizer server:
- 64-bit/x86 processor
- 2.2 GHz processor; multi-processor system recommended
- 4 GB RAM
- 45 MB of disk space for the Synchronizer software
- 200 GB of disk space recommended for data storage during system operation
Data storage disk space varies widely depending on the amount of data being synchronized, the number of users participating in synchronization, the logging level for Synchronizer log files, and other variables specific to your Synchronizer system implementation.
The largest consumers of disk space are the Synchronizer database (/var/lib/pgsql) and Synchronizer log files (/var/log/datasync). You might want to configure the Synchronizer server so that /var is a on separate partition to allow for convenient expansion.
- Static IP address
- SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 11, plus the latest Support Pack
If PostgreSQL is not already installed on the Synchronizer server, the Mobility Pack Installation program installs it for you.