A Mandatory Tool for Today's Compliance-Burdened Organizations
Permissions reports quickly and easily indicate access rights
Industry and government regulations today require that organizations be vigilant about the access of sensitive data. To comply with these regulations, organizations must demonstrate that only authorized individuals have access to sensitive documents or areas on the network where these documents reside.
Novell File Reporter provides four different permissions reports.
- Assigned NetWare Core Protocol (NCP) Permissions: Indicates the assigned Novell file system user rights and trustee assignments for all folders, subfolders, and files from a specified path.
- Assigned New Technology File System (NTFS) Permissions: Indicates the assigned Microsoft file system user permissions for all folders, subfolders, and files from a specified path.
- Permissions by Path: Indicates the effective rights (assigned or inherited) to the Novell file system and the permissions to the Microsoft file system according to the paths you specify.
- Permissions by Identity: Indicates the effective rights (assigned or inherited) to the Novell file system and the permissions to the Microsoft file system according to the user objects you specify.
During a security audit, these reports let you demonstrate:
- Which individuals have access to sensitive files on the network
- The exact files that a selected user can access
Of course, you will want to know all of this information before a security audit. Novell File Reporter can help you by generating permissions reports on a schedule that you establish. By viewing regularly scheduled permissions reports, you can learn of potential security risks early and take immediate measures to address them.