OES Windows Client
The OES Windows Client™ provides connectivity to NetWare® and Open Enterprise Server Linux servers for Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 platforms. With the OES Windows Client, you can browse through authorized directories, transfer files, and use advanced services directly from a Windows workstation or Windows Server system.
Once installed, the OES Windows Client lets users enjoy the full range of services, including authentication via Micro Focus eDirectory™, network browsing and service resolution, and secure and reliable file system access. All services are delivered through industry-standard protocols. The OES Windows Client also supports the traditional NCP™ protocol.
The latest versions of OES Windows Client support the current mainstream Windows Desktop and Windows Server versions. Older versions of the OES Windows Client supporting older Windows platforms are also available, but receive limited support.
- Support for Open Enterprise Server (OES) and NetWare 6.5
- File system integration with NSS and non-NSS volumes via NCP
- Login script processing
- Notification area (Red N) options
- Integrated login with Windows (single username and password)
- Integrated Micro Focus eDirectory login support for Windows Terminal Services
- Integrated Micro Focus eDirectory login and script support for TS Remote Applications.
- NMAS™ client integration
- Forgotten password recovery options for Micro Focus eDirectory™
- LDAP contextless login support
- DFS junction support
- Support for 802.1x wireless authentication
- DHCP-based configuration options
- OpenSLP support
- Shell extensions for Windows' file browser
- File caching/shared open mode support
- Auto-reconnect for NCP connections
- Cluster failover support for NCP connections
- OES Windows Client setting management and install-time pre-configuration.
The OES Windows Client is supported on the following platforms:
- Windows 8.1 (x86 or x64) (Professional Edition, or Enterprise Edition)
- Windows 8 (x86 or x64) (Professional Edition, or Enterprise Edition)
- Windows 7 (x86 or x64) (Ultimate Edition, Enterprise Edition, or Professional Edition)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (x64) (Standard Edition)
- Windows Server 2012 (x64)(Standard Edition)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64) (Enterprise Edition, or Standard Edition)