Novell Client for Windows
The Novell Client™ for Windows* provides connectivity to NetWare® and Open Enterprise Server Linux servers for Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 platforms. With the Novell Client, you can browse through authorized Novell directories, transfer files, and use advanced Novell services directly from a Windows workstation or Windows Server system.
Once installed, the Novell Client lets users enjoy the full range of Novell services, including authentication via NetIQ eDirectory™, network browsing and service resolution, and secure and reliable file system access. All services are delivered through industry-standard protocols. The Novell Client also supports the Novell traditional NCP™ protocol.
The latest versions of Novell Client for Windows support the current mainstream Windows Desktop and Windows Server versions. Older versions of the Novell Client for Windows supporting older Windows platforms are also available, but receive limited support.
- Support for Novell Open Enterprise Server (OES) and NetWare 6.5
- File system integration with NSS and non-NSS volumes via NCP
- Login script processing
- Notification area (Red N) options
- Integrated login with Windows (single username and password)
- Integrated NetIQ eDirectory login support for Windows Terminal Services
- Integrated NetIQ eDirectory login and script support for TS Remote Applications.
- NMAS™ client integration
- Forgotten password recovery options for NetIQ eDirectory™
- LDAP contextless login support
- DFS junction support
- Support for 802.1x wireless authentication
- DHCP-based configuration options
- OpenSLP support
- Shell extensions for Windows' file browser
- File caching/shared open mode support
- Auto-reconnect for NCP connections
- Cluster failover support for NCP connections
- Novell Client setting management and install-time pre-configuration.
The Novell Client for Windows is supported on the following platforms:
- Windows 8.1 (x86 or x64) (Professional Edition, or Enterprise Edition)
- Windows 8 (x86 or x64) (Professional Edition, or Enterprise Edition)
- Windows 7 (x86 or x64) (Ultimate Edition, Enterprise Edition, or Professional Edition)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (x64) (Standard Edition)
- Windows Server 2012 (x64)(Standard Edition)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64) (Enterprise Edition, or Standard Edition)