Novell Client for Windows XP/2003
The Novell Client™ for Windows XP/2003 provides connectivity to NetWare® and Open Enterprise Server Linux servers for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 platforms. With the Novell Client, you can browse through authorized Novell directories, transfer files, and use advanced Novell services directly from a Windows workstation or Windows Server system.
Once installed, the Novell Client lets users enjoy the full range of Novell services, including authentication via Novell eDirectory™, network browsing and service resolution, and secure and reliable file system access. All services are delivered through industry-standard protocols. The Novell Client also supports the Novell traditional NCP™ protocol.
The Novell Client for Windows XP/2003 is a separate release from the Novell Client for Windows that supports Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista, and Windows Server 2008. The Novell Client for Windows XP/2003 is not compatible and cannot be installed on these later Windows platforms.
- Support for Novell Open Enterprise Server (OES) and NetWare 6.5
- File system integration with NSS and non-NSS volumes via NCP
- Login script processing
- Notification area (Red N) options
- Integrated login with Windows (single username and password)
- Integrated eDirectory login support for Windows Terminal Services
- NMAS™ client integration
- Forgotten password recovery options for eDirectory™
- LDAP contextless login support
- DFS junction support
- Support for 802.1x wireless authentication
- DHCP-based configuration options
- Novell NDPS and NetWare queue-based printing functionality.
- Support for Win32 applications and backward compatibility for running 16-bit Windows applications
- 16-bit MS-DOS box support that enables you to run many standard NetWare utilities
- Shell extensions for Windows' file browser
- File caching/shared open mode support
- Auto-reconnect for NCP connections
- Cluster failover support for NCP connections
- Novell Client setting management and install-time pre-configuration.
The Novell Client for Windows XP/2003 supports the following Windows operating systems. For all platforms, the Novell Client only supports 32-bit versions of Windows. The Novell Client cannot be installed on a 64-bit version of Windows 2003 or Windows XP.
- Windows Server 2003 Server Standard Edition
- Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
- Windows XP Professional
- Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
The Novell Client might run but is not supported on Windows XP Home edition.