What’s New in Open Enterprise Server 11 SP2
Key enhancements that make a big difference
Open Enterprise Server 11 SP2 continues to give you the industry’s most advanced file and print services on the latest SUSE Linux Enterprise platform. You get so much more than the best Linux platform—you get it along with all the extras that only we can offer, including significant administration improvements that come with SP2:
- Better, faster installation. We’ve made two main changes to the installation process. First, we created an express installation that requires minimal user intervention. Second, you can now clone a server running Open Enterprise Server after installation or upgrade.
- Unified quota management. Dynamic Storage Technology now provides a unified quota management system so you can manage disk space easier. You can easily add, modify or delete directory quotas or user-space quotas on your primary volumes, then transfer those same settings for your secondary volumes.
- Tools that improve management. Open Enterprise Server 11 SP2 gives you the tools you need, including a new Remote Manager health monitoring function; plugins to monitor and manage a Common Internet File System (CIFS) or Apple Filing Protocol (AFP); a utility to identify files and folders with obsolete owners; and the ability to delete dynamic leases in DHCP.
- File Services and NSS. We’ve introduced better integration with third-party antivirus, backup and hardware security module (HSM) solutions for file and storage. Now it’s easier to protect and back up your storage.
- Domain Services for Windows. We’ve introduced a new sites and subnets feature that lets you configure multiple sites, even though domain controllers might be geographically distributed. Also, with the new client support, Windows operations like domain login and password change will work.
- Micro Focus eDirectory 8.8 SP8. Micro Focus eDirectory 8.8 SP8 offers improvements in scalability and performance. It now takes advantage of a server’s processing power, resulting in faster change processing by orders of magnitude. In addition, the new version of Micro Focus eDirectory includes a new Micro Focus iManager and LDAP enhancements that allow for improved integration with LDAP applications.