Enforces Regulatory Compliance Automatically
Create policies that automate storage compliance
Data storage compliance with industry and government regulations is a monumental concern with organizations in virtually every industry. Many people have heard of the major regulations like the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), but many would be surprised to learn that there are over 10,000 other regulations that affect data storage, backup, retention, integrity, and protection.
Without an effective storage-management solution, the risks an organization faces could range from lost data to more serious threats like litigation or negative audit findings. Novell Storage Manager helps you minimize these risks with automated policy management, ensuring compliance with corporate and government regulations for secure data storage.
Storage Manager ensures that compliance policies are in place and that processes are followed. With Storage Manager, you can automatically:
- Verify that sensitive data cannot be accessed from unauthorized users
- Archive data to the storage medium you specify, including fast retention media (in the case of an audit or legal discovery)
- Archive data once it has not been accessed for a set amount of time
- Delete files that do not need to be archived
- Ensure that a departing employee's home directory containing sensitive information is either forwarded to a manager, or moved to an inactive state based on a policy, so that the information cannot be accessed until the status has been changed
- Protect organizations against liability by limiting the type of content that can be stored on the company's storage area network
- Perform a path analysis to view access rights (either direct or inherited) from any server and volume to a particular folder
- Perform a path analysis to get a report on file types that are being stored in a folder and all subfolders based on file extension
Identity-driven, policy-based storage management offers tremendous flexibility in solving storage challenges in all types of industries. For example, a municipality in Norway included Storage Manager in a solution to help address future regulatory requirements.
- Take control of your file storage Storage Manager helps you get existing storage under control and managed by policy. Watch the demo
- Storage Manager deep dive Tap into these resources for more detailed information about how Storage Manager works and what it can do for your organization. Podcast White Paper Analyst Report Download Eval