Use Workflow Routing to manage multiple workflow processes from one single form. Often teams and projects deal with managing their documents and information through a number of processes. Easily route your form definition to the designated workflow with Workflow Routing
Figure 1: Workflow Routing Form
Figure 2: Workflow Routing Workflow
Workflow Routing requires a few pieces. When you import the .zip file you'll notice 5 new items.
1. Workflow Routing Form: This is a standard file entry with an added select box. The selectbox has 4 options: --None--, Workflow One, Workflow Two, and Workflow Three. By selecting one of the workflow options the Workflow Routing process will initiate the selected process.
2. Workflow Routing: This is a workflow process that routes an entry to the workflow designated by the "Workflow" select box in the Workflow Routing Form.
3, 4, 5. Workflow One - Three: These are dummy workflows used to demonstrate that when the workflow is selected in the form, it is routed to that workflow.
You may be asking why you would ever need this workflow. When you consider the number of business processes you use every day you would be amazed how similar the information inputs are for each process. In Novell Vibe you have a few options on managing these inputs when faced with the decision between a number of potential workflow processes:
- Copy a form for every process and start each process separately from a different folder.
- Configure one folder with all of the processes. Create your form, select the entry you just created, select Actions, find the workflow you want and Start it manually.
- Build a very generic process that leaves a handful of manual work to be done making routing decisions.
- Manage all of your processes from one entry field in the form.
In order to set up this process start with the download at the bottom of the page. Import the zip file in Novell Vibe. Configure the desired folder with the Workflow Routing Form and Workflow Routing as the default form and workflow.
To view a working example of this form visit the Virtual Sandbox.
|File Name||Size||Last Updated||Version||Deployment Time|
|3.86 KB||02/07/2011||Novell Vibe 3.1, 3.2, 3.3||30 minutes to 2 hours|
|8.5 KB||08/01/2011||Novell Vibe 3.1, 3.2, 3.3||30 minutes to 1 hour|
Request a Call
* Required Fields