Integrated Linux Endpoint Management for Linux Desktops and Servers
Take advantage of integrated discovery, deployment, inventory, packaging and remote management capabilities for Linux devices.
With a complete range of integrated Linux configuration management capabilities, ZENworks Configuration Management makes it easy to manage your Windows and Linux devices and servers through the same unified web-based ZENworks console. This includes:
- Discovery of Linux devices using Secure Shell (SSH).
- Deployment of the ZENworks Configuration Management Adaptive Agent to Linux devices using SSH, YaST, YUM or a single file download.
- A new endpoint security reporting service that improves your ability to run and create reports that provide deeper insights into endpoint security policy enforcement.
- Full inventory capabilities for Linux devices, including a full hardware and package inventory, device change tracking, and the ability to map purchases to installed packages.
- Linux operating system deployment with full support for the delivery of SUSE® Linux Enterprise and Red Hat Enterprise Linux through either AutoYaST or KickStart. Additional Linux deployment features include:
- Continued support for Dell PowerEdge server bare metal provisioning via Dell Tookit integration
- Full support for ZENworks system variables within AutoYaST and Kickstart scripts
- Improved Linux imaging capabilities for imaging EXT3 and ReiserFS partitions, even within LVM
- Package and Repository management that allows you to centrally configure, bundle and control Linux application repositories, packages and bundles. With these robust capabilities, you can:
Remote Management capabilities that make integrated VNC and SSH clients available from within the centralized ZENworks Control Center.
- Graphically configure and schedule subscriptions to external package repositories, including YUM, Red Hat Network (RHN) and ZENworks Linux Management.
- Deploy packages and files while also performing required configuration tasks using flexible Linux bundles.
- Centrally configure external repositories using external service policies.
- Export bundles and bundle groups to YUM format for easy consumption by unmanaged Linux devices on your network.
- Take advantage of the new ZENworks Application Windows for Linux, which brings the full power of the Application Launcher to the Linux desktop.
- Puppet policies that allow you to leverage the configuration management capabilities of the puppet project to configure your devices.
- Linux Patch management Streamline patch management across your enterprise by monitoring and maintaining patch compliance on both Windows and Linux systems from the main web-based ZENworks console.Read more
- Reporting server Leverage pre-defined reports and build new reports quickly using the latest version of the BusinessObjects Enterprise engine. Read more