How to register, renew, extend or activate a ZENworks Patch Management license
This document (3077372) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
The following will show the ZENworks Patch Management serial # process (either a new purchase or renewal) and how to activate that subscription.
1. In the Customer Center portal the (new or renewal) of a ZENworks Patch Management purchase, is delivered with no serial # (as seen in yellow). The first step is to renew an existing code that is being used, or request a new serial # for a new installation.
NOTE: “Generate New Code” should only be done for a new installation of ZENworks Patch Management. If there is an existing implementation, by generating a new code, a re-install of the product and all agents will be needed. Otherwise, click on “Use Existing Code” and enter the ZPM code that is currently being used on the ZENworks Patch Management server console. This will update the existing code to the new order details of quantity and expiration date. It doesn't matter if the currently used serial # is a purchased or evaluation code.
- Under the Computer tab on the PLUS Server web-ui, switch to the Disabled view (top right drop down list labeled "Status", select view, then click "Update View") to list the computers.
- Check the box to select the computers, then click the "enable" button at the bottom of the screen.
- Change back to the "Enable" view to the next set of computers. The devices will show as off line, but as the agents contact the server, the status will change.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:3077372
- Creation Date:11-JAN-08
- Modified Date:30-APR-12
- NovellZENworks Configuration ManagementZENworks Patch Management
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback