Western Australia (Perth) Daylight Savings Trial from 3rd December 2006
This document (3109599) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Novell NetWare 5.1
Novell NetWare 6.0
Novell Open Enterprise Server (NetWare based)
Novell Nterprise Branch Office
In a media statement released on November 21, 2006, the Government of the state of Western Australia announced a three-year trial of daylight saving. The trial will begin on Sunday December 3, 2006 with clocks set forward one hour at 2am. Clocks will be set back one hour at 3am on 25 March, 2007. In 2007 and 2008, daylight saving will begin at 2am on the last Sunday in October, and end at 3am on the last Sunday in March the following year. A referendum will be held in 2009 to decide whether this will become permanent.
Novell NetWare / Open Enterprise Server (NetWare based):
Make the following changes on the NetWare / Open Enterprise Server:
1. At the server console set these 4 parameters:
SET Time Zone = AWST-8AWDT
SET Daylight Savings Time Offset = 1:00:00
SET Start of Daylight Savings Time = (OCTOBER SUNDAY LAST 2:00:00 AM)
SET End of Daylight Savings Time = (MARCH SUNDAY LAST 3:00:00 AM)
These changes take place immediately, and the new dates and values can be verified at the server console by typing TIME and checking the calculated dates for DST start and DST end. They should match these:
Time zone string: "AWST-8AWDT"
DST Status: ON
DST Start: Sunday, October 28, 2007 2:00:00 am AWST
DST End: Sunday, March 25, 2007 3:00:00 am AWDT
2. Make the exact same changes to the server's autoexec.ncf so that if the server is re-booted the new values will be in place. Put the SET parameters at the top of the autoexec.ncf in the same order as listed above. (There will already be a value for SET time Zone in the autoexec.ncf, but this needs to be edited to match the string in Step 1.)
At any time before Sunday December 3 make the following changes on the Nterprise Branch Office Server:
1. Add the following additional time zone with the new daylight saving information to the bottom of the sys:\etc\timezone.ini file
name=(GMT+08:00) Perth, Western Australia
2. From the NBO command line run "SET timezone zone = 53"
These changes take place immediately, and the new dates and values can be verified by unlocking the console and typing TIME to check the calculated dates for DST start and DST end.
These changes are specific for the December 3 start date for daylight savings in 2006. Novell Engineering are working on a patch to be released in time to reflect the October Sunday Last start date for daylight savings in the following years.
2. The iChain configuration also reads timezone info from the current.nas file. The following steps need to be performed to update the current.nas file (iChain config file) so that all time references are changed permanently:
a> Bring up the iChain management GUI
b> Access the system -> timezone tab
c> Make sure that the 'adjust clock for daylight savings time' is enabled
d> Input the new dates for Western Australia
e> Apply the changes
2. In addition to the OS modification, it is necessary to ensure that the NetWare Access Gateway timezone is set appropriately. To do this:
a> From the access administrator User Interface (UI), select 'Access gateway' tab
b>'Edit' the access gateway configuration
c> Select'Date and time' system setting
d> Change the 'Daylight savings time' configuration to match the NetWare settings.
This Technical Information Document relates to NetWare based servers only. For additional information on other Novell products which may be affected by the implementation of Daylight Savings in Western Australia, check the Novell Support Website.
For information on modifications required for SuSE Linux products, please refer to Novell Technical Information Document 3259426 -"Timezone change in Western Australia 2006 for Linux".
For information on required changes to Novell GroupWise, please refer to Novell Technical Information Document 3091733 -"Western Australia (Perth) Daylight Savings Trial from 3rd December 2006 - GroupWise".
For information relating to Novell ZENWorks Suite, please refer toNovell Technical Information Document 3864045 -"Timezone change in Western Australia 2006 for ZENWorks".
For details on changes required for Microsoft Products including Windows 2003 and XP please contact Microsoft Support, or refer to Microsoft Document "Western Australian Daylight Savings Changes for Microsoft Windows for the Year 2006/2007"
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:3109599
- Creation Date:18-JAN-07
- Modified Date:27-APR-12
- NovellBorderManagerNetWareOpen Enterprise Server
- NetIQAccess Manager (NAM)iChainSentinel
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback