How to recreate missing Xtier registry keys
This document (3374174) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Novell NetWare 6.5 OES
- Load the REGSVR module : "load regsvr".
- Clear any existing XTier registry by running the command :
- Reset default XTier keys by running the command :
- Set up the primary authentication domain by running the command :
regsvr DOMAIN1=127.0.0.1:o=novell(of course, replacing 127.0.0.1 with either the IP address or resolvable DNS name of the server that will be used for authentication, and also replacing o=novell with the proper LDAP syntax context to be used for context-less logins.)
- Reset the XTier Proxy Username :
regsvr USERNAME=user.contextThis should be the tree admin user, for example, "admin.novell" .
- Set the password for the account used in the previous step :
- If using iFolder 2.x been installed, the following two regsvr commands need to be issued as well to enable the links for iFolder :
- Restart apache.
- Test NetStorage authentication. If this fails, restart the server to force any loaded XTier modules to reread the new registry entries.
A simple tool has been created to reconstruct the registry items. This can be run using the following two commands at the terminal:
/opt/novell/xtier/bin/xsrvcfg -D \-n admin.novell -p adminpass -d auth.server.novell.com -c o=novell
- admin.novell with the tree admin user
- adminpass with the password for the tree admin user
- auth.server.novell.com with the IP address or DNS name of the authentication server
- o=novell with the context for context-less authentication
rcnovell-xsrvd startTest the authentication of NetStorage
Formerly known as TID# 10098297
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:3374174
- Creation Date:08-MAY-07
- Modified Date:26-APR-12
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback