How to transfer ZENworks Endpoint Security Management Databases
This document (3403830) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
- How to back up the databases - The 3 ZENworks Endpoint Security databases by default are named STDSDB, STMSDB, STRSDB.
- Open up SQL Enterprise Manager
- Expand the Databases folder
- Right click on STDSDB and select "All Tasks", "Backup Database"
- The SQL Server Backup dialog box is displayed
- Leave the default settings as they are and click on the "Add" button
- Select a location to save the database to and name it STDSDB.bak
- Click OK and the database will start the backup
- Repeat steps 3-7 for the STMSDB and the STRSDB keeping in mind to name the databases respectfully STMSDB.bak and STRSDB.bak
- Install the ZENworks Endpoint Security Management Single Server install (or a multi-server install if desired). Note - if during the original install of the ZESM server product the database names were changed make sure to use the same name during install. Also, please name the new server the same as the original server so that all existing ZESM clients will be able to communicate to this server
- After the installation stop the Senforce Event Packager 3.0 and Senforce Management Service Agent 3.0 in services
- After the installation the new databases will be created in SQL Enterprise Manager under the Database folder. Click on the database you wish to restore, select "All Tasks" and "Restore Database"
- The Restore database dialog box will be displayed. Select the database you wish to restore, select the "From device" radio button and do a complete restore.
- Click the "Select Devices" button
- Click the Add button and browse to the .bak file of the database you did a backup on
- Click the OK button 3 times and the database will be restored
- Repeat steps 3-7 for the rest of the databases you need to restore
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:3403830
- Creation Date:19-NOV-07
- Modified Date:27-APR-12
- NovellZENworks Endpoint Security Management
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback