Upgrading from ZENworks 10.0.0 to 10.0.2 (System Update 1)
This document (3407754) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
- If the version of ZENworks Configuration Management is 10.0.1, DO NOT apply the war file mentioned below as the war file is an interim step for customers with version 10.0.0 to get to version 10.0.2. ZCM 10.0.1 customers simply upgrade to 10.0.2.
- Determine the version of ZENworks Configuration Management:
- Windows: HKLM\Software\Novell\ZENworks; ValueName ="Version"
- Linux (Prior to 10.0.2): rpm -q novell-zenworks-core-server
- Text File (10.0.2 and later versions):
- Windows: %ZENWORKS_HOME%\Novell\Zenworks\version.txt
- Linux: /etc/opt/novell/zenworks/version.txt
- Only customers with ZENworks 10.0.0 Configuration Management must manually upgrade to 10.0.1 by obtaining the war file from this location: http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=v7yv4Rl-rD0.
- Customers with ZCM 10.0.1 can upgrade directly to 10.0.2 by going into the Configuration -> System Updates tab of the ZENworks Control Center and selecting the follow the on-line documentation to upgrade to 10.0.2.
1) Single server zone (this is the simplest case)
- Redirect the NCC request...
- Supply the Update files...
- Set up the correct DNS entry...
You may need to flush the DNS cache, or reboot the server at this point.
- Get everything started...
At this point you should be able to download ZCM 10.0.1. Once this update is applied, reverse the change made to DNS as was directed above, then the system should automatically get redirected to the NCC server for the 10.0.2 update. At this point the war files can be removed from the webapps directory.
2) Multiple server zone
- On one server:
- On every other server:
3) Single/Multiple server zone w/ Web Proxy
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:3407754
- Creation Date:18-FEB-08
- Modified Date:27-APR-12
- NovellZENworks Configuration Management
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback