eDirectory Intruder lockouts Windows Vista Users
This document (3576093) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
1. Configure simple password in the environment so authentcation completes successfully.
2. Resolve remote resources via distinct names rather than IP addresses. ie: 'Netware_SMB' for the CIFS access and 'Netware' for regular NCP
3. Disable CIFS if not used.
NetWare 6.5 sp6 and earlier
4. Modify the sys:\etc\cifsctxs.cfg file and add an entry for each affected user, e.g.
(Both admin and jdoe would not be allowed to try to authenticate via CIFS.)
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:3576093
- Creation Date:06-MAR-08
- Modified Date:26-APR-12
- NovellClient for Open Enterprise Server (Client)
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback