ERROR: "NWSMTS error: An invalid path was used" while using the Server Consolidation Utility
This document (3746607) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Novell NetWare 6.0
Novell NetWare 6.5
Novell Open Enterprise Server (OES)
Novell Open Enterprise Server (Linux based)
Novell Server Consolidation Migration Toolkit (SCMT)
' NWSMTS error: An invalid path was used.' (Source Server:
Error: 'fffdffdc' Function: 'NWSMTSOpenDataSetForRestore'
Migerror.log message 0xfffdffdc NWSMTSOpenDataSetForRestore
- Make sure that the latest TSAFS is installed on the NetWare server (TSA5UP19.exe at the time of this writing)
- Make sure each server and workstation involved has appropriate entries in the HOSTS files for each device involved in the consolidation.
- Make sure that SLP is working correctly
- Enable debugging for TSAFS on the OES Linux server by following TID 10100954
- Try the Consolidation again and duplicate the error
- Review the TSAFS debug log. See the "Additional Notes" section below for excerpts from that log.
SCMT comes with some library files (
1. Find C:\Program Files\Novell Server Consolidation and Migration Toolkit\MigWin32\Products\scuagent and copy it to /usr/novell/sys/scu/ on the OES Linux server.
2. Copy the C:\Program Files\Novell Server Consolidation and Migration Toolkit\MigWin32\Products\smsrpm\Linux\novell-sms-i586.rpm over to the server and run the following command:
rpm -ivh --force <rpm name> (it doesn't matter where you copy it, as long as you run the rpm command from within the same directory you copied them into, or you can specify the full path of the rpm inside of the rpm command)
/opt/novell/sms/bin/smsconfig -u tsafs
/opt/novell/sms/bin/smsconfig -l tsafs
4. Manually enabling LUM (Linux User Management) users may be necessary too. Without doing this step the files on the OES Linux server's NSS volumes with have no posix owner and cannot be used by the Novell client. Please see the following:
Novell Linux User Management Technology Guide
LUM-enabling eDirectory Users
5. Retry the migration
401BA6C0:TSA_Init [2065 ]:Unable to dynamically open NCP library libcallnx.so.1401ba6c0:FS_Fix4to2ByteUnicode : Start . . .
4215CBB0:TSA_Init [2065 ]:Unable to dynamically open NCP library libcallnx.so.14215cbb0:CONN_ValidateAuthenticati: Start
4215cbb0:CONN_ValidateAuthenticati= fffdffad . . .
4215cbb0:InitTreetoTreeMigration : dlopen failed. ret: 00000002.
arg : /usr/novell/sys/scu/libscuagent.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory . . .
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:3746607
- Creation Date:13-APR-07
- Modified Date:27-APR-12
- NovellNetWareOpen Enterprise ServerServer Consolidation and Migration Utility
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback