Network Card will not load on OptiPlex 755 workstations
This document (3761823) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Novell ZENworks 7.2 Linux Management - ZLM7.2
For ZCM10: This is fixed in version 10.0.3 - see TID 3486285 "Updates to ZENworks 10 Configuration Management" which can be found at http://www.novell.com/support
For ZLM7.2 IR1: To obtain access to a hot patch with the fix for this problem, follow the instructions in TID 3469853 "Updates to Novell ZENworks 7.2 Linux Management" which can be found at http://www.novell.com/support
If Using PXE do this:
- On the server, find this folder: \tftp\cmds\
- You will need to edit all four cmd files (which are text files) if you want to give yourself the option of the various boot modes. The files are: z_auto.cmd, z_maint.cmd, z_zpdis.cmd, z_zpen.cmd
- Assuming the files are in their default state, the 2nd line of each file will be a very long APPEND command. In each file, at the very end of the APPEND command, add a space and then this: newid="0x8086 0x10bd,e1000"
- Save the files and then try PXE booting the 755. You might possibly need to stop and start Zen on the server first ( zfdstop, zfdstart).
- Turn on the 755, and just as it is starting up, hit F12 (for boot options)
- Tell it to boot from the On board Network Controller.
- As it begins to start the network boot process, press and hold (for a very long time) these keys: ctrl-alt-shift
- If all is well, you will eventually be presented with some menu choices. Choose Maintenance Mode Zenworks Imaging.
- After quite a while, you will get a bash prompt. Type img and hit enter. You should now be at the imaging menus.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:3761823
- Creation Date:24-FEB-08
- Modified Date:30-APR-12
- NovellZENworks Configuration ManagementZENworks Desktop ManagementZENworks Linux Management
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback