Migration fails with error, "secure copy from NetWare failed rc=35327"
This document (7000347) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Novell International Cryptographic Infrastructure (NICI) 2.7
Novell NetWare 6.5 Support Pack 7
Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 (OES 2) Linux Support Pack 1
Error: Could not migrate NICI file. Migration cannot proceed. Exiting (nicisdi.key)
SERVER: secure copy from NetWare failed rc=35327.
- Examine sys:system\nici\ directory on source Netware server for missing files. (nicisdi.key, XARCHIVE.000)
- A missing nicisdi.key this can be resolved by running sdidiag, which will recreate the file and allow the migration to be resumed.
- If missing the XARCHIVE.000 nici file from sys:\system\nici directory on the source Netware server, copy it from another NetWare server if you have one, and the migration should continue with the dib copy portion of the miggui If you do not have another NetWare server then it will require a reinstall of nici on the NetWare server. Look to see if there is a XARCHIVE.001. If so then usually the XARCHIVE.000 is a 0 byte file while the NICI key is XARCHIVE.001. Rename the XARCHIVE.000 toe XARCHIVE.000old and XARCHIVE.001 to XARCHIVE.000.
- If NICI must be reinstalled with eDirectory 8.8 (and higher) eDirectory will need to be updated to version 8.8.3 or higher first so that it can be re-keyed with the new NICI. eDirectory 8.8 through 8.8.2 does not support re-keying. Contact Novell Support for re-keying in that circumstance.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7000347
- Creation Date:09-MAY-08
- Modified Date:07-MAY-14
- NovellNetWareOpen Enterprise ServerServer Consolidation and Migration Utility
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback