Error message at the end of an update via PatchCD to SLE 10 SP2
This document (7000493) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10
Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10
Your service was added successfully in YaST, but could not be synchyronized with ZenWorks:
ERROR: Could not add'cd://': Failed to parse metadata: Can't add repository at
cd:///: Unknown Error: Can't provide /media.1 from cd:///
As a result, the SP2 installation source is not added neither to YaST nor to zmd. Please note, that this error only happens if the CD media is used for updating, not when the DVD is used.
Alternatively, you could also renew the installation source manually after the update to Service Pack 2 is done.
- First reboot the server.
- Put in SLE10 SP2 CD Number 1.
- Delete all old installation- and update sources in zmd by using either zen-updater or "rug sd".
- Start the "Installation Source" module from YaST.
- Remove the SP1 installation source and the SP1 update source.
- Add the new installation source by selecting "Add" -> "CD".
- If you want to use the new installation source also in zmd, leave the button "Syncronize Changes with Zenworks" checked. Click on "Finish".
- Run the YaST2 "Novell Configuration Center Configuration" module to add the SP2 update source.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7000493
- Creation Date:27-MAY-08
- Modified Date:27-APR-12
- SUSESUSE Linux Enterprise DesktopSUSE Linux Enterprise Server
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback