How to Rerun ZCM System Update 10.0.3 on a Windows Device
This document (7000559) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
The update files are located in the %ZENWORKS_HOME%\work\system-update\10_0_3 directory. The System Update process should create a series of log files ranging from "command0.log" to "command67.log" from the processing of the various MSI components.
%ZENWORKS_HOME%\logs\SystemUpdate_10_0_3.log is another key log file to look at to see what may or may not have worked during the update process.
- Rename %ZENWORKS_HOME%\Work\SystemUpdate\10_0_3\SystemUpdate.INI. to SystemUpdate.INI
- Edit SystemUpdate.INI and remove [ExitCodes] and [Results]Sections from the end of the INI file. (Note: These were added during the previous update process.)
- Make sure the "Novell ZENworks Update Service 10.0.3" does not exist. If it does, run "SC Delete zenupdate_10_0_3" to remove it.
- Run "SystemUpdate_10_0_3.exe -i -s". This should install and start the Update Service.
In some cases, the final update prompt does not happen for nearly 30 minutes after the update process appears to have completed. Please be patient and wait for the process to complete. There should not be any danger in rerunning this update process against a server that has already run the update.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7000559
- Creation Date:04-JUN-08
- Modified Date:27-APR-12
- NovellZENworks Configuration Management
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback