Restoring a dsbk backup without verification
This document (7000768) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Novell eDirectory 8.7.3 for Linux
Novell eDirectory 8.8 for Linux
Status: ERROR = -626
Error: -626 occured in DSBperformRestore
Database restore finished
Completion time 00:04:28
The dib directory contains RST.db, RST.01, and RST.lck files as well as an RST.rfl directory. Renaming these files to nds.* and attempting to open the agent fails with a -663 ERR_DS_LOCKED error.
* NOTE: The restore verification process exists for a reason. If you are going to bypass the verification process be sure that you understand the implications and accept the risks.
- Install the appropriate eDirectory version to the server
- Install the appropriate Security Services patch
- ln -s /etc/opt/novell/nici.cfg /etc/nici.cfg (This step is to address the "Unable to load backupcr module" error mentioned in TID 3950804)
- Edit /etc/dsbk.conf and add the line: /tmp/dsbk.command
- touch /tmp/dsbk.command
- dsbk restore -f /tmp/dsbk_file -l /tmp/restore.log -r -a -o -n -v -k
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7000768
- Creation Date:27-JUN-08
- Modified Date:26-APR-12
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback