Users moved to a different post office does not see new items in shared folders
This document (7000956) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Novell GroupWise 7.0.1
Novell GroupWise 7.0.2
Novell GroupWise 7.0.3
Novell GroupWise 7.0.3 HP1
GroupWise users who has received some shared folders in his/her mailbox needs to be moved to a post office different than the one where the owner of the shares resides.
After the move, the user does not see anymore the new items placed in the shared folders, the shared folder functionality is broken.
The move operation, in some circumstances, breaks the shared folders synchronization mechanism.
Action that will prevent the issue to occur if you are using affected GroupWise builds:
- Remove all the shares before performing the user move, and share everything back from the owners mailboxes once the move has been successfully completed;
- If possible, move the owner of the shares in the same post office where the users receiving the shares have been moved
Please note that upgrading to GroupWise 7.0.3 HP2 or later will allow to perform users move without breaking any shared folder, however will not fix the shares already broken from previously preformed moves. In order to restore the shared folders functionalities for the already affected users, you have to proceed as follows:
- Have the owner to unshare the folder with the users who are experiencing the issue;
- Verify from the affected users mailboxes that the shared folder has been actually removed, and if not, remove it manually;
- Have the owner to share again the folder with the intended users;
- Have the users to accept again the shared folder.
This issue may affect also shared calendars and shared address books.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7000956
- Creation Date:17-JUL-08
- Modified Date:26-APR-12
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback