Soft timeout redirects for session renewal with WebAccess result in browser "hang"
This document (7001898) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
When trying to update the WebAccess client from a NAM protected resource, the session will hang if it gets redirected by a soft timeout
- Access the WebAccess client through the NAM protected resource (IE6, IE7, or Firefox 3)
- With the browser showing the user's main mailbox page, make sure that pressing "Update" works as expected to refresh the mailbox contents
- Now allow the NAM session timer to decrement to the soft timeout value for the session (for testing, the IDP session timeout set to 5 min, so in this case 4 minutes were allowed to go by after the user login
- After the soft timeout period expires, click "Update" againResult:
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7001898
- Creation Date:16-NOV-08
- Modified Date:27-APR-12
- NetIQAccess Manager (NAM)
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback