GroupWise Archive Error: "Need to convert older version of database to GroupWise 6"
Cannot open the GroupWise archive for the user
Error C067 or C06f while opening the archive
Cannot run GWCheck on Archive
Create a new user.db and ngwguard.db to be copied to the mis-behavnig archive directory and run recreate user database from GWCheck on the archive directory. Recreate user database will check the message database in the archive and drop a pointer to all the messages it finds in the new copy of the user.db. The mail pointers that the GWCheck finds for the user will be placed in the root of the cabinet folder and not in the folder it was archived originally.
Steps to create new user.db and ngwguard.db databases.
1) While logged in a as the user create a new archive by going to Tools | Options | Environment | File Location and set a new path for the archive directory. (choos no if it prompt to move existing archive to new directory)
2) Send one message from the indox to the new archive. (this will create user.db and ngwguard.db along with msg.db and few other files)
3) Rename the existing user.db and ngwguard.db in the original mis-behaving archive directory.
4) Browse to the new archive directory and copy the user.db and ngwguard.db to the existing mis-behaving archive directory. (User will be able to access the archive directory at this point, however this new user database has no mail pointer in it.)
5) Launch GWCheck, specify the archive directory path and in the Action tab select the Recreate user database option and click on Run. (GWCheck will put a pointer to all the mail it finds in the message database at the root of the cabinet in the archives user database)
6) Log in to the GroupWise client and change the archive directory path to point to the mis-behaving acrhive path. All the mails will be placed under the root of the archive cabinet folder.
user.db and ngwguard.db in the archive directory are corrupt.
Formally known as TID # 10100062
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.