Novell GroupWise 6.5
Novell GroupWise 7
Novell GroupWise 8
Microsoft Outlook Express
To configure LDAP Directory Service on Outlook Express for address lookup
1. Launch Outlook Express
2. Click Tools | Accounts
3. Click Add and select Directory Service
4. Type in the Internet directory (LDAP) Server name or IP Address
5. Select Yes if Outlook Express queries the validity of the LDAP server name
6. On the Check E-mail Address window select the Yes radio button and click Next and Finish
7. Highlight the Directory Service account just created and click the Properties button
8. Click the check box 'This server requires me to log in' and specify the LDAP username and password (username should be in LDAP format e.g. cn=username,o=container)
9. Select the Advanced Tab to specify the LDAP Port number (default LDAP Port is 389) and specify the base search (eg. o=container) and click Apply and OK
Once done with all the above mentioned activity, user can search an email from the LDAP server by clicking on the Tools menu | Address book | Find People and by selecting the LDAP server name in the Look in drop-down menu.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.