How to repopulate the Shared Address book or Shared Folder without un-sharing and sharing
This document (7002364) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Novell GroupWise 2012
Shared Address book does not update
Shared Address book shows old contacts that were previously deleted
There are many ways to troubleshoot this but if the objective is to repopulate the Address Book or the folder without un-sharing and sharing it again, please follow the steps listed below
- Browse to the sharee's Post Office Directory and find the Prime User Database that belongs to the owner in question. Follow the steps in the following link to find the owner of the Prime User Database.
If there are a lot of Prime User Databases in the Post Office Directory, following the above TID may be cumbersome. If that is the case, it is better to follow the steps listed below:
- Launch ConsoleOne and connect to the GroupWise Domain.
- Right Click on the Post Office object and select GroupWise Utilities | Mailbox/Library Maintenance.
- Under Action, make sure Analyze/Fix Databases is selected.
- Uncheck all other options and check Contents.
- Make sure only User is selected in the Databases tab.
- Type the userid of the user who should receive the GWCHECK Log file in the Results tab.
- Click Run.
- Wait for the GWCHECK to complete and then login to the user account and check the GWCHECK Log file. Search for the phrase "Prime Database originated by UserIdInQuestion".
- Once the Prime User Database has been identified, shut down the POA.
- Rename the Prime User Database from PUxxxxxx.db to PUxxxxxx.old.
- Start the POA.
- Once the sharee accesses the Address Book, the Prime User Database will get re-created and Shared Address Book will start populating. Once the sharee accesses the Shared Folder, the Prime User Database will get re-created and the folder will start populating. It may take some time if the Shared Address Book or the Shared Folder is huge.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7002364
- Creation Date:13-JAN-09
- Modified Date:04-NOV-13
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback