Distribution List emails results in same user on TO: line and other users on BC: Line
This document (7002711) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
- Go into ConsoleOne.
- As the Distribution list is to be set up on a Post Office level, be sure to right click and connect to the Domain that owns the Post Office.
- Right click the desired Post Office, in the Domain that ConsoleOne is connected to, highlight New then select Distribution List.
- Give the Distribution List a name and choose a container for the list to reside in.
- Go into the properties of the list and add users as desired. A Nickname or visibility may be added/changed as desired.
- In the properties of the Distribution List, place all addressed users in the TO: field and not the CC: or BC: fields.
- From outside the GroupWise system send an email to the Distribution List through one of the Gateways (Lotus, Exchange or the GWIA).
- If the email comes through the Lotus or Exchange gateway, then in the emails received by the users, only one user will appear in the TO: line of the received email from the Distribution List and it will be the same user on all emails. This user is typically the first one found in the properties of the Distribution list.
- If the email comes through the GWIA, then in the emails received by the users, the receiving user will find their name in the BC: line of the email and not the TO: line.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7002711
- Creation Date:20-FEB-09
- Modified Date:26-APR-12
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback