550 relaying denied error while sending internet mail through Groupwise Internet Agent
This document (7002887) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Novell GroupWise 8
Microsoft Outlook Express
Groupwise Internet Agent
The internet emails gets delivered fine if "relaying" is allowed on GWIA.
- Launch Outlook Express
- Click on Tools | Account | Select user account and click on Properties | Servers and make sure the outbound SMTP server points to the gwia server.
- Use the groupwise user account and the password for authentication.
- Enable "My server requires authentication" at the bottom of the page.
- Click on Settings and use the same user account option, which has been used for the inbound server (by default it would be selected) and click OK
- Click Apply and Ok and Close the Account.
By default , the Groupwise Internet Agent will allow only authenticated users to send the outboung messages. Users will need to configure Outlook Express (or other mail client ) , to authenticate prior to sending .
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7002887
- Creation Date:01-APR-09
- Modified Date:26-APR-12
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback