Novell Teaming username enumeration vulnerability fix
This document (7002997) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
- Stop Teaming
- Make a backup copy of <tomcat directory>/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/portal-impl.jar file in a safe place.
- cd to a clean empty directory (example: /root/Documents/temp or c:\temp). Make the directory before hand if needed.
- Unjar <tomcat directory>/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/portal-impl.jar file into the directory using the following command:
jar xvf <tomcat directory>/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/portal-impl.jar
- cd to content directory.
- For each *.properties file in the directory, edit the file in a text editor and make the values of the following two properties - authentication-failed and please-enter-a-valid-login - exactly identical character by character. Repeat this step for every *.properties file in the directory.
- Insert the updated files in content directory into the jar file by executing the following command.
jar uvf <tomcat directory>/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/portal-impl.jar content
- Start Teaming
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7002997
- Creation Date:14-APR-09
- Modified Date:27-APR-12
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback