Moving a GroupWise Library to a new OU or Organizational Unit
This document (7003485) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Usually when you move a library you are also moving the post office to a new OU as well. There is a very good TID describing how to do this TID 2944422
If you simply desire to move only the library follow the steps below:
- As a precaution back up the Wpdomain.db for the primary domain
by copying it to a safe location.
- In ConesoleOne without
GroupWise snap-ins (Unsnapped) delete the libraries you desire to
move. In the unsnapped version of ConsoleOne your GroupWise objects
will appear Question marks or unidentified objects. They will
not appear as the usual domain, post office, or library
- In ConsoleOne with the proper GroupWise snap-ins (snapped-in) graft in the Domains, Post offices and Gateways by doing the following.
- Highlight the NDS OU where you desire to move the Library.
- Right Click the OU and Select GroupWise Utilities | GW / Edirectory Association | Graft GroupWise Objects.
- Choose to Graft Domains, Post Offices and Gateways (even though you are not moving these objects it is necessary to graft them in order that the library will graft correctly to its new OU.)
- On the Domain context page in the Graft Utility note the message stating the "Domain
Object already exists in the above context and cannot be
changed." Click Next and finish the graft.
- Without closing the graft Utility choose to graft more objects.
- Choose aerial button to Graft the Users, Resources & Distribution
Lists. Click the Next button and note the Select Objects
- Insure Libraries is checked and all other objects are unchecked if you are not also moving them.
- The Libraries should now show in the new NDS OU.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7003485
- Creation Date:09-JUN-09
- Modified Date:26-APR-12
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback