Non-Administrator users see "File Commit" error when starting ConsoleOne on Windows
This document (7003639) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Novell GroupWise 8
Novell GroupWise 8 Hot Patch 1
Novell GroupWise 8 Hot Patch 2
ConsoleOne 1.3.6h on Windows XP workstations
Logged in to the workstation as an user without administrative rights .
Launching ConsoleOne throws an error "To avoid problems with database integrity, please enable File Commit in the Novell Client settings".
Works fine for administrator or for users with administrative rights.
To administer GroupWise using GroupWise 8 administration snapins, login as administrator on the local workstation.
- Use GroupWise 8, GroupWise 8 Hot Patch 1 or GroupWise 8 Hot Patch 2 administration snapins.
- Use ConsoleOne 1.3.6h.
- In the Novell Client settings, enable File Commit.
- Login as administrator or the user with administrative rights to the workstation.
- Launch ConsoleOne and it works just fine.
- Login to the workstation as an user without administrative rights .
- Launch ConsoleOne, it throws up the error "To avoid problems with database integrity, enable File Commit in the Novell Client settings" , even when File Commit is already enabled at the Novell Client settings.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7003639
- Creation Date:25-JUN-09
- Modified Date:26-APR-12
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback