"service already provided" message while running "chkconfig grpwise on"
This document (7003816) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
- Browse to /etc/init.d directory.
- Run the command "grep "Provides:" * | grep -i grpwise " to list all the files that provide the grpwise service.
- Move all other scripts/files to any temporary location that provide grpwise service except the file named grpwise .
insserv: script gwpoahps: service grpwise already provided!
insserv: script gwia: service grpwise already provided!
insserv: script gwmta: service grpwise already provided!
insserv: script gwwebaccs: service grpwise already provided!
/sbin/insserv failed exit code 1
Only one script should provide the service. In this case previous versions of GroupWise had init scripts for each piece but later versions just run grpwise and then the config file starts the different pieces. Determine which script should be providing the service, grpwise in this case, and remove the other init scripts and run the chkconfig command again.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7003816
- Creation Date:08-JUL-09
- Modified Date:30-APR-12
- NovellGroupWiseOpen Enterprise Server
- SUSESUSE Linux Enterprise Server
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback