ZCM Login is very slow with Trend micro Office Scan Installed
This document (7003932) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
- If running Trend Micro 10.5 on Windows XP workstations and experiencing the network connectivity delay, add a Windows Group policy to 'Wait on network at startup'. This will delay the login prompt the amount of time the OfficeScan delay is set for. However, users will login successfully because network connectivity will then be available.
- Change the way Nalwin.exe is launched on login from a bundle to a registry entry at HKEY\Local Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
- Delay the Trend Micro real-time scanner from running for five minutes by modifying the following two registry keys:
HKEY\Local Machine\Software\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\Real Time Scan Configuration\NTRtScanInitSleep [DWORD=0]
HKEY\Local Machine\Software\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\Real Time Scan Configuration\PccNTMonInitSleep [DWORD=300000]
- Update the ZENworks Agent to 10.3.3 or later
- Remove all unnecessary bundle requirements
- Remove Migrated bundles created by the ZEN Migration utility with more than 20 action items and redeploy as an MSI
- Below were additional registry entries provided by Trend Micro Support
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7003932
- Creation Date:21-JUL-09
- Modified Date:24-OCT-13
- NovellZENworks Configuration Management
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback