Unable to send mails to expanded Distribution lists containing External Users
This document (7004142) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Disable expansion of Distribution lists on outgoing messages
- Launch ConsoleOne.
- Connect to the GroupWise Domain.
- Right Click on the GWIA Object and select Properties.
- Click SMTP/MIME | Address Handling.
- Uncheck "Retain distribution lists on outgoing messages".
- Click Apply and Close.
- Launch ConsoleOne and connect to the GroupWise Domain.
- Create an External Domain, External Post Office and an External User.
- Right Click on the External User and click Properties.
- Click GroupWise | Internet Addressing.
- Click on the Override near "Preferred Address format:" and type in the personal userid.
- Click on the Override near "Internet domain name:" and type in the internet domain name eg novell.com.
- Now click Apply and close.
- Ceate a Distribution List and add the External user to the Distribution List.
- Right Click on the GWIA object and select Properties. Click SMTP/MIME | Address Handling and put a check mark on "Retain distribution lists on outgoing messages" and click Apply and Close.
- Send a mail to the Distirbution List and the mail stays pending.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7004142
- Creation Date:10-AUG-09
- Modified Date:27-APR-12
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback