Admin-Defined Fields not available in the address book of the Groupwise client
This document (7004266) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Novell GroupWise 8 Hot Patch 1
Novell GroupWise 8 Hot Patch 2
Admin-Defined Fields are available as an available field, if address book is accessed from a new mail Address Book
StatusReported to Engineering
- Install either Groupwise 8 , Groupwise 8 HP1 or Groupwise 8 HP2 on the agent as well as the client side.
- Launch ConsoleOne / Click on Groupwise System Operations / Admin-Defined Fields / Select an unused field / Edit / Select an attribute / Click on Ok and save.
- Go to the properties of the domain / Groupwise / Address Book / Add the selected attribute from the Available Fields to the Address Book Fields.
- Save and rebuild the domain database.
- Login to Groupwise client / Open Address Book/ Add more columns.
- The added Admin-Defined Field is not available in the list.
- Now compose a new email / Go to Address Book / Add more columns
- The selected attribute is available in the list.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7004266
- Creation Date:20-AUG-09
- Modified Date:26-APR-12
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback