8209 error on POA when refreshing Post Office Views
This document (7004343) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 or 11
- Views do not get updated after a upgrade from GroupWise 7 to GroupWise 8.
- 8209 errors when Client connects to the POA.
- Performing Refresh Views from System Maintenance option on the Post Office displays following error on POA: "ADM: Error:  Updating views from area Name_of_Software_Distribution_Directory_Area <Software_Distribution_Directory_Path>/client/win32/ofviews (Administrator: (Name_of_Admin) Context_of_Admin, Domain: Name_of_Domain)".
- The POA can successfully access the Software Distribution Directory.
- Views must manually be updated by copying and pasting the views into the Post Office's ofviews/win directory
Rename the existing Software Distribution Directory from <Name_ of_Software_Distribution_Directory_Folder>/client/ofviews/win to <Name_ of_Software_Distribution_Directory_Folder>/client/win32/ofviews will allow the POA to successfully pull down the ofviews when updating.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7004343
- Creation Date:01-SEP-09
- Modified Date:06-JUN-13
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback