How to Enable IPads and IPod Touches to Automatically Use GroupWise Webaccess Simple Templates
This document (7006843) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Novell GroupWise 7
To set this up, please follow the directions below:
1. Locate the webacc.cfg file for your Webaccess Application. The default locations are listed below:
a) Linux /OES2 - /var/opt/novell/groupwise/webaccess
b) NetWare - sys:/novell/webaccess
c) Windows - c:\novell\groupwise\webaccess
2. Make a backup copy of the file before changes are made
3. Open the file with a text editor
4. Within the file, there will be a section where there will be many entries that start with "Templates.UserAgent.#.id=*string reported by browser*". Note the entry listed with the largest number. Afterward, create 4 new lines. If the highest existing number in an existing entry is 8, then an entry should be created like the one below:
5. Save and exit the file
6. Restart Tomcat using the one of the commands below and then test with your IPad.
a. To restart Tomcat on NetWare enter the following commands from the console
b. To restart Tomcat on Windows, open the Services Console and right-click Tomcat 5.5 and choose Stop and then right click again and choose Start.
c. To restart Tomcat on Linux/OES2, open an terminal window as the root user and issue the command "rcnovell-tomcat5 restart". On other SuSE Linux Enterprise distributions, the command will be "rctomcat# restart" where the # sign represents the version of Tomcat that is running.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7006843
- Creation Date:14-SEP-10
- Modified Date:27-APR-12
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback